Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Why I blog and how I got started

I started blogging a little more than a year ago with Emily's Perspective (emilysperspective@blogspot.com) A friend of mine told me I should blog about my experiences. See I should tell you if you haven't seen that blog: I can have quite a unique outlook on things. She told me it was funny so I should record it. So I did, can't tell me I'm not my own person. I then started
This blog and one other (anartfilledlife@blogspot.com). The other was because I wanted something that would keep me on track with my arts/crafts/recipes/photos. See, I'm very inspired by crafting etc. and love to do it all (some stuff not as good as others, but I still enjoy it) and this was a way to make art a priority in my life. I have to say honestly that life has gotten in the way of keeping up with that blog as much as I would like, but I'll get there.

Then there is this blog. It started as an online journal. A place to process my life and everything in it. Now, it still is a journal, but along the way I decided I wanted to open it up for others to read and hopefully find interesting enough to follow. I decided that I wanted to share with other women my experiences and life in the hope that it might inspire as well as help them feel like they are not alone.

I still write to journal and process, and sometimes vent. But I write to inspire myself and remind myself of where we were and how far we have come too. If I can share with people who have amazing ASD children, or people with MS, or people going through divorce, or any combination then it makes this journaling/blogging even more worthwhile than it already is.

So, I hope you enjoy, learn, are inspired by what I write, but first and foremost I find that I am writing for myself. And that is good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment