Thursday, July 19, 2012

Trying a little self care

I'm trying to take care of myself. At least a little bit. As most parents know, and especially those of us with special blessings for children we aren't very good at self care. However, self care is so very important. It is what helps keep us refreshed and able to take on the world for our children. It keeps us focused on the blessings, on the strides they have made and how fortunate we are to have them in our lives for us to love.

For those of you who are regularly practicing self care I take my hat off to you! You are doing your child/children a world of good (as well as yourself). I on the other hand, am not so good at this. I occasionally do something for myself. I went to the movies and dinner with a good friend last week. That was so much fun. We saw Magic Mike. What a fun movie that is, although I don't think many men would like the movie ;~}

So, last night I decided to use a mud facial mask. It felt really nice and my skin felt wonderful after. I came out of the bathroom and said hi to Will. He told me in no uncertain terms that I did not look pretty. I'm ok with that.

I also have some marble cold stones for massage. (have I mentioned that I'm a massage therapist?) I was hot and had a headache so I decided to take them out of the fridge and give myself a face massage and use these fabulous stones.

I have always wanted a hot stone massage and to learn how to give them in my practice. However, due to my MS. I am not allowed to be near hot stones. I am however allowed to use cold massage and use them I did the other night.

Well, I'm trying.....

I'll get the hang of this self care thing, the benefits are too important for me not to try. I think I'll try doing something for myself every day. Today.... I think I'll break out the massage stones again. What will you do to take care of yourself today?

No comments:

Post a Comment