Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Inspiration continued

As I have stated, in my last post I was able to be there to support my dear friend Wally, who is an inspiration for all who meet him. I was blessed enough to be there for his first sermon back at the pulpit (or actually, beside it in his wheelchair) he gave a VERY inspirational sermon which touched everyone in the church. He has such a unique way of looking at things and interpreting them.

I must admit, I assumed that his sermon for Vespers that night would be a modified version of the mornings message. Well, you know what they say about assuming right?

Vespers was as inspirational as the morning service. And completely different. Wally spoke of saints, during his talk I learned about his journey through the ministry and all the saints he met along the way. He reminded us that we all have saints in our lives if we only look and see them for who they really are.

Wally is certainly one of my saints, but there are many more that have left footprints in my life. I pass on Wally's challenge- sit down sometime and think back on your life, who are your saints?

No comments:

Post a Comment