Friday, July 20, 2012

Birthday BBQ

Today my parents came over for a little birthday BBQ for my son. His birthday was Tuesday and he has hit double digits. The big 10.

My parents came over early so my father could sand my bedroom door down so it will shut all the way. The reason I need it to shut is because I want a lock installed on the door. My ex has far too much access to my house and I need to make sure I have a little privacy in my own home.

So while my dad worked on that, my mom had the pleasure of playing Mario Party 9 for wii with my son. He is super excited about his new game. When she had enough of this (not technologically inclined- with no desire to learn these new games) we went into my massage room and I worked on her back and neck for a little bit. (she suffers from horrible back and muscle problems- her pain level on a good day is a 7 on the pain scale 0-10 10 being the worst pain imaginable)

After all this was taken care of my dad offered (thankfully) to man the grill. I manned the stovetop where I sautéed some veggies. After we ate some great burgers we had some ice cream cake (Will had already had a piece the night before- he is much too good at arguments. I'm so in trouble in coming years!)

Then Will decided we should play bingo. He was the caller, we all won once and my mom won twice. We had prizes and everything. What struck me as pretty amazing throughout this was that my dad was acting very silly. This is very normal in my family but Will has a very low tolerance. However, tonight he tolerated it very well for several minutes. When he had had enough, he very nicely asked my dad to stop and told him he'd had enough. It's amazing when Will can do this, and it seems like he is able more all the time. I love looking back so I can appreciate all the growth and forward movement we have been blessed with this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment