Wednesday, May 9, 2012

When it rains

When it rains, sometimes it pours. If you don't know who and WHOSE YOU ARE, you will find yourself caught up in a storm. Always remember sometimes God calms the storm and sometimes He allows the storms to rage and calms HIS child.

We are called to HELP people, not judge them. Mercy is greater than judgement. James 2:13

This was the post I read on Facebook from an amazing, beautiful and grace-filled woman.

It really struck a cord with me. I mean deep down in my soul. How profound are these words?

I know I have struggled in the past and questioned my faith. Wondering where was GOD when the storms were raging all around me. And they have been raging.

Once I stopped putting up roadblocks in my relationship with GOD my whole perspective changed. Storms still raged around me, but I found a quiet place whenever it was really needed. I now recognize that this is where GOD has always been waiting for me. Ready to calm HIS child.

Now I am confident in myself and in my GOD. I am never truly alone. HE is with me ALWAYS.

I have found that the more I accept this and believe, the better my life is becoming. My attitude is different, my perspective, I feel "grace-filled".

I spent a long time thinking I needed to be so strong and do everything myself. I was even told many times that I can't count on anyone else to help me.

They were so WRONG! And I was too stubborn to see it. If I can count on no one else, I can ALWAYS count on GOD. HE is always with me.

As far as the verse goes, I think I've always done a good job trying to help others and to not judge others. I mean, who am I to judge you? I haven't lived your life, I haven't seen, felt, experienced what you have..... I don't have the right. I'm not perfect. I won't even pretend to be. Is it fair to judge me for my weight or my decisions when you don't live my life.

It's simple. Don't judge me please, because I wouldn't even think of judging you. That's not my job.

Have a wonderful night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment