Friday, May 25, 2012

Self reflection

As I sit on my couch this morning icing my still swollen and slightly sore ankle I am taking this time to self reflect on where I am in life.

If you had asked me 10 years ago where I would be now, it would NOT have been here. I'm still overweight, I'm in the final stages of getting a divorce, I have a special needs son, I have MS and I have a great job but it doesn't pay enough to live comfortably at all.

However, I'm not all that unhappy wit where I am. I am out (almost completely) of an unhappy and dysfunctional marriage- wont go into any details as he's not a bad guy but..... Anyway, my job is still one I enjoy and I'm good at it, and I get to help people everyday.

My son is the light of my life. He brings me joy even on his roughest days. It doesn't matter how dark it gets, whatever the struggles are. My son is my world and it will always be a good day if I can see his face.

So really I have a pretty good life. It may not be where I had envisioned myself to be, but I'm happy where I am. This new life promises to be better than I could have imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment