Saturday, May 5, 2012

Things are good

So, throughout all the drama in my life I have met a man. I've known him for almost 5 months, when I go into his place of business (almost every day now) we have been slowly getting to know each other and flirting.

I really assumed this was as far as it would go, hoping for more, but certainly not expecting it. Well, things got a little more exciting/involved this week. (ok, A LOT!). We've talked on the phone almost every night, we've gotten together 3 days this week to spend time together. While I won't go into a lot of details, I'm having a wonderful time. He takes my breath away, how did I (middle aged single mother of a special needs child, overweight, and average looking) get a really good looking and extremely kind, nice man interested in me?

This is not me putting myself down, honest PH it isn't. This is me being realistic. I know I'm a great person, I'm funny, talented, kind and loving. Anyone would be lucky to be with me. I get it, but I also can look in a mirror and objectively see a woman who is not all that attractive. That's ok, not everyone can be hot. Really. My astonishment is that he seemed to be interested in me before he got to know me. I don't get it. (mind you, I'm. OT complaining)

Now back to my week: how often do you find a man that in the first week you spend time together will offer and then give you a nice foot massage, offer a back massage and cook a really good dinner? Well, I can tell you, he is a first for me, and he still wants to see me! Wow

Remember my "day" on wednesday? I saw him that morning, well he didn't call me that night for whatever reason but when I saw him the next day the first thing out of his mouth was an apology for not calling me the night before and then asked me if I wanted/needed to vent. Again, I have to say it: Wow!

One of the great things about this is I'm going into it with no expectations. I've spent the time working on myself, I'm ready to get back out there, it's a bit exciting and a lot terrifying. What I do know is that I'm not looking for anything other than someone to spend time with and enjoy our time together. Whatever comes will come.

When I'm ready for a serious relationship, then that will be the time for that. Right now, I'm enjoying myself immensely, and love the feeling of no pressure. I'm letting myself enjoy the now, and the journey. It feels good to be this excited about something that is for myself and not for someone else. I don't do enough of that.

Hmmmm, I think it's time to do something about that...... ;~}

No comments:

Post a Comment