Sunday, May 13, 2012

My weekend

Will was invited to a birthday party yesterday. This is so very exciting because he isn't invited to parties. We have another party next week too! Yeah Will!

So, the party was at Yankee Lanes 2 hours of fun, bowling, yelling, pizza, cake and most of all fun with friends.

I was so proud of him. The entire party was loud, with flashing strobe lights. That's a lot of sensory input for anyone, let alone for these kiddos who have a harder time than most. While some of the kiddos were letting off a lot of steam and getting a little unruly (everyone did a great job overall though) Will was able to let loose and be a bit silly while staying in control.

Now, I have to say that he won the first game and was coming in second in the second game before time ran out. Way to go Will! He's so much better than I am at ten pin bowling.

Anyway, while he had fun and I thoroughly enjoyed watching him, it was also agony. All those lights, all that noise and me with a migraine. Ugh. Not what I would call a great pairing. We both made it through and Will was able to enjoy the rest of his day and maintain control. YEAH!!! (I must admit, I was really expecting a horrible evening, and even worse than usual with the migraine) he so surprised me and made me so proud.

I went to bed early- for obvious reasons- woke this morning with a down graded headache, although I still have a swollen lymph node on the back of my neck. So here I am, at work, loaded up on ibuprofen and making it through my Mothers Day with my client. I'm hoping Will has another great day today with his dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment