Thursday, May 3, 2012

And then you regroup

So yesterday was a hard day. But I woke this morning, took a deep breath and was ready for a good day.

I Have learned just how important our thoughts really mold us and our lives. I know that we all have bad days, I had one yesterday. However, I also spent the day with the understanding that I would let myself have the day to live in the moment and feelings, but that tomorrow (today) was a new day and I would live it like a brand new day.

So today I took that deep breath and envisioned a better day, and you know what? It was a better day in so many ways. That's not to say I didn't have stress- I did. I went to the dentist (I am terribly, irrationally terrified of the dentist) to get a cavity taken care of. I dealt with staff demanding I find coverage for them at the last minute. My manager not supporting me and helping. Yes, I had stress. But it was my attitude and my thoughts that shaped my day.

We all have choices, we all have the responsibility for how we live our lives. We are all entitled to a bad day, but it is our choices that shape our lives. Do we want a life full of bad days? Or good days? Personally I choose good.

With my decision made to have a good day firmly in my mind all the stressful bits were handled more easily, and there were so many more good parts, and they felt so much better. I was able to celebrate them instead of minimizing them. Will had a perfect day- the first one this week! Yeah! I also got to see the guy I like, he was having "a day". Not quite as upsetting as mine yesterday, but still frustrating. I was able to give him some time to vent, and I was told that his day got better just for seeing me. Now tell me that wouldn't make your day? I also went to a meeting about a client and got to tell and hear from others about the incredible growth he has shown in the last 6 months. These are all awesome things!

If I had not chosen to have a good day would these things still have happened? Very possibly, but would I have recognized them for the wonderful events that they were? Most likely NOT.

I've always heard that like attracts like. That what you put out into the world is what you get back. This has never been more clear to me than today.

I am a work in progress, God is good. Be careful of your thoughts, they hold more power than you can ever imagine. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment