Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What a day

Today started off rough.....it continued to be rough. I woke at 3am to the thunder and lightening storm. It was quite amazing...saw a lot of lightening even through my eyelids. Will was in bed with me because he was scared and didn't want to sleep alone. Well, no more sleep for me.

We went out to the car to see the front windows were rolled down!!! Yikes!!! My car was soaked!! I had to run inside for towels to sit on. Everything was completely drenched. Oi vey!

Then we left for school where I had my last meeting of the year with his social worker. Upon our arrival at the school we realized Will's school bag was still at home on the kitchen table. My meeting ended at 9am. Giving me exactly 1/2 hour to drive home, get his backpack, drive back to the school to drop it off, then drive to Saco- a 25 minute drive- to get to a 9:30am staff meeting. I was only 5 minutes late- not to shabby if you ask me.

The staff meeting was very unproductive. The staff while having very valid points were so incredibly negative. Everything was so angry and just complaints. When asked for ideas they gave ideas that were not possible. Given the restrictions we have to deal with, extreme budget cuts (again) we have to be creative. We need staff to understand (even if they don't like it- I mean, I don't think there's anyone in the company who likes where we've had to go to keep our clients from feeling the extent of these cuts) we need staff to pull together and help, even if that's only by understanding and cutting the office some slack. In these times we all need to be grateful for employment right?

My day got a little better, things calmed down for a while. I went to work for reals. Picked up my client and ran errands. On our way back to my clients home I got a phone call from my mom. My parents dog had been put down. It was such a sad thing to hear. I loved this dog Chlowe with all my heart. They had 3 yorkies, and I was certainly sad when the other 2 had to be put down, but Chlowe was always my favorite. She was so timid, for most of her life I was one of the only people she would go to. As she got older she would always come over to me for some REIKI. (this is energy work performed by the laying on of hands). She was a cross between an Ewok and a bear cub. When she was just a baby puppy her ears were curled back at the tips. She looked like she had slept with curlers on her ears. My baby is gone. She is playing with Clarabelle and Rocky again, and probably eating all their food too.

So, you could probably say that I didn't have a great day, some of it was down right miserable. However, I woke this morning having decided (yes, even at 3am) the I was going to be happy today. I was going to enjoy my day. Know what? I did. That's not to say I enjoyed little sleep, a wet car, being late, or my sweet Chlowe. I didn't enjoy any of that. But I didn't let these things ruin my day either.

I had a wonderful day, the only part of my day that really stunk was Chlowe's passing. Even that is a blessing. She had been suffering for a while and today was particularly bad, so the blessing is that she is no longer suffering and is at peace.

Plus I was able to visit with a very dear friend this evening before going home. So I will leave you this evening counting my blessings and falling asleep with a smile on my face this evening despite the roughness in my day. As a wonderful woman I know likes to say: peace and blessings ❤


1 comment: