Friday, May 11, 2012

Relationships

Well, I am definitely trying to get back in "the game". I've met a really sweet, cute, funny guy. I like him a lot.

But a relationship? I'm just not ready. While I have spent the last two years working through the "effects of my marriage" and have come such a long way as far as a acceptance and forgiveness, I'm not ready to trust another man in that way. I can't let myself depend on one for anything.

Clearly I still have a ways to go. 😌

For right now I am interested in someone who can make me laugh, Someone to keep the loneliness at bay once in a while. I admit, I miss having someone to talk to, and be silly with.

Is there really anything wrong with a woman wanting these things? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy being by myself most of the time. I like knowing that I can take care of myself and don't need a man in my life.

But needing and wanting are two VERY different things. And sometimes I want someone. So, having someone to lighten the load once in a while and make me smile isn't a bad thing.

I still have too much work to do, to much trust to build before I can even think about a real relationship with a man. I'm more confident, but does that mean I trust myself to demand what I deserve? What about putting a stop to any negative treatment? Am I strong enough to walk away if necessary? I wish I could say YES and know I meant it. Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm stronger than I was, but am I there yet? Probably not. I think I'm close...

So for now, I am so happy to just have some fun. I think with everything in the past several years I deserve some fun. I deserve to be happy. (see how far I've already come?😉)

So let's be friends and be kind to each other, and above all, let's have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment