Sunday, May 27, 2012

A little piece of heaven

This would be my camp. I have been going there since I was 6 years old, that's.........a long time. My phone doesn't work there, I have no Internet or tv. It is bliss. It is quiet. It is where I go to rejuvenate my soul and fill myself with peace and love. I also feel closest with God there. For me it is the most God-like place on earth. I don't need a church I only need Empire Grove.

If you've been reading my blog then you know that I have been all over the place emotionally lately. My MS has been flaring up causing a lot pain, fatigue and stress. My son has been up and down lately, and I have been getting back into the dating scene. I have had other ups and downs as well lately, but I don't need to go into it all here.

None of these things have gone away, they are still there and will be, if not always then at least for some time to come. So why do I feel calmer? More at peace with my lot in life and myself? Because I just spent 17 hours at my camp. It wasn't long enough for me, but then it never really is.

I saw some wonderful friends, ate some wonderful food at the pot luck dinner and got to sleep in the best place on earth. To top it all off: Will did amazingly well while there. Nothing like the last 2 years. He was outside playing and letting me visit, he even offered to help set up for the dinner: OMGoodness!!!

I also got to see an amazing man who is finally home after a horrific accident this summer. His circumstances have drastically changed, but his positive attitude knows no bounds and he hasn't lost his sense of humor. He is and will always be my favorite dirty old
Man.

I am hoping to spend A LOT more time there this summer as it always has such a calming, centering effect on me. I came home from such a short visit feeling more rested, calmer, and happier than before I left.

I am so blessed to have my own little piece of heaven I can visit whenever I can get there. Again, it's about finding the balance and making the time to get to heaven.... And this time of year the lady slippers are EVERYWHERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment