Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Will

So, it's been a while. Things have been overwhelming lately. (more so than before)
On top of Will being in SH I was without heat at my home for 4 days and my car died at the same time. My parents bought me a car. I'm very grateful to them for helping me out, but it makes me feel like a loser. I'm 38 years old and should be able to take care of myself.

What started out as the worst week of my life became I e of the most wonderful. So many people have been sending Will cards in show of support and encouragement. I learned that Brian Waters (from the Patriots) wife is sending Will cards and wants to send him a care package when he comes home. At Trader Joes the cashier said she wanted to talk to her manager about sending him a care package as well from Trader Joes. Wow! How wonderful that strangers are willing to support my wonderful son!!

The garage I brought my van to even waived their $40 fee for looking at it. I feel truly blessed to have these people in my life.

The best part is that after having lunch with Will this morning I talked to the social worker about our next meeting. At our last they had no plans for a discharge. We scheduled the meeting but was also told that they believe Will has turned a corner and they are now thinking about discharge in 2 weeks.

I'm so happy about this turn of events, but terrified at the same time. This means a lot if hard work and vigilance on my part. I'm not afraid of hard work, I'm afraid of screwing up and mostly of Jason not doing the work. I don't want to make any mistakes. I know I'm human and will make mistakes, I just hope they aren't big ones and Will continues to move forward and doesn't backslide. Especially because of something I did. I want him to continue on his path towards self control, self soothing, higher self esteem, lessened anxiety and lessened depression. Please let me support him on this path.

No comments:

Post a Comment