Sunday, March 4, 2012

TTV

What is a TTV? Well, I cant remember what it actually stands for, but it means: home visit!!!!!

I drove to SH and arrived at 10:45am. I was supposed to stay for lunch and then we would leave. Well, Will had other plans. He said he wanted to go out to lunch, he was sick of pizza as much as he enjoys it. It was decided. We left at 11 and went to Elevation Burger. Great place! He did a great job. Then we went to my parents house for a visit. Again, went well. He was so excited to find out they had a new printer and giving us theirs. It's a printer/copier/scanner. This kid is in seventh heaven!

Then he wanted to go HOME! So we went home. We set up the printer, he printed out a couple pictures to bring back to SH. We played some wii, he jumped on his trampoline, played with some toys, looked at some new Pokemon cards and even snuggled for about a minute on the couch together. (he's growing up, I think that may be one of the last snuggles I get :(. Ah well, independence is a good thing right? Insert long drawn out sigh here---). Will told me it was time to go back. When I asked if he wanted to he said no. I have to give this kid credit! He knew what he needed, even if he didn't want it. Such a smart kid!

We returned to SH, he asked me to stay, I said yes. We went to group where a couple of kiddos were having a very challenging time. Will was amazing! Then he once again got me to dance in front of the staff and kiddos. (can we say humiliating?). I told him I was going to leave when dinner time rolled around. He seemed upset by this and asked me to stay for supper. He gave me the puppy dog eyes-how could I say no? I stayed for supper. When it was over Will "became" a 1 week old kitten. He said it was because he was so happy to be with me. When I hugged and kissed him goodbye he became upset and teary. This was the first time in his whole life he's shown any separation anxiety. It broke my heart, although it warmed my heart that he enjoyed spending all day with me and didn't want it to end.

I got a call that night saying he had a hard time, needed a restraint and an open door seclusion. I guess it's not too surprising as it was such a different day for him. It's his first day out in over a month, as well as the longest visit we've had together. He fell asleep quickly though. Guess I wore him out. :) they actually had to wake him up to take his meds. How I love this little boy, can't wait to have him home with me and to start on this long journey to a better life for him.

1 comment:

  1. He looks SO good =) You can see happiness in his eyes =) Good job Momma!

    ReplyDelete