Saturday, February 11, 2012

Another call

I have received one more call from SH. Will is having another rough night. Will it ever get better? Will he ever start going to sleep there easily, without being locked up and being restrained multiple times a night? This is breaking my heart

What is going on for this little boy? What's going on in his head? Will we ever know?

Moving on....... I got to spend the better part of the day (after lunch through supper) with Will. Because I can shadow now, I can be with him when he is participating in his groups. We had music group--- being someone who loves music, I had a blast singing everything from Puff the Magic Dragon to the Beatles and Stones. Another great part of it was that the man who ran it is a wonderful man I know from my work. How small is the world, I've worked with his son, and now he's working with mine.

He participated in a group where they talked about bad habits, which ones they have, how they affect others and themselves, as well as ways to change these bad habits. Will didn't want to be in this group, he started acting out. I think most of it was because I was there. He would whine and talk about being frustrated, then he would stop and turn to see if I was paying attention and what I would do about it.

I think he was very disappointed when I acted in accord with his behavior protocol like his staff.

It's 10:30pm, bedtime was 8pm and he is still in locked seclusion. I love my baby, and I want him to come home. But first he needs to get better.

Please get better soon........

No comments:

Post a Comment