Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A long night and a sad day

Last night was a very rough night. Will was in and out of locked seclusion and had at least one floor restraint as well as being blanket wrapped. I got 4 calls throughout. Surprisingly, (not) I got very little sleep again. He finally calmed and stayed calm on the way back to his room, he was asleep soon after his head hit the pillow. I'm not surprised. I've lived with his struggles and melt downs. It takes a lot out of him.

I went for my lunch visit today. Will looked very tired. He was very quiet, and told me he was very sad and overwhelmed. We talked for a while, I went over all the things he could try to think about when he feels this way: we talked about everyone who cares about him and is thinking of him. That he can call me, that I can call him, that I visit everyday (except Sundays as I work all day) that his dad visits almost everyday. That he is receiving cards from family and friends from all over the country who are thinking of him.

He said that helps a little, the question is---can he access those thoughts when he's struggling? I hope so, but that has always escaped his grasp in the past. Hopefully they can help him with these coping skills and others.

He still doesn't express an interest in wanting to be home, but it breaks my heart to see him sad. I wish a hug could make it all better.......

No comments:

Post a Comment