Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Well, it is the MS

Went to my primary dr this morning. He listened to all my symptoms (complaints) called my neurologists office and talked to one of the drs there only to be told it IS an MS flare up. I have started my 5 days of IV steroid infusions. What joy, what rapture. Everything including water tastes foul. At least they left the IV/port in so I won't be riddled with bruises.

I do have one small bruise on my right forearm where they made their first attempt. The bruise started developing immediately. Didn't really show up till a couple hours later. It amused me really because there are two little pricks side by side. One from the lidocaine injection and one the failed IV. Made me think of a little baby vampire attack. Then I started giggling over why they are turning babies so young into vampires. (can you tell I'm a little sleep deprived? lol)

I had to bring my son with me today and it went fairly well. Towards the end he decided he has all the symptoms I have.....only worse. So I called my mom to see if she would be willing to watch him tomorrow. She said yes and then proceeded to yell at me for something that unintentionally upset her. I apologized for my part but she was still very upset. I can only hope that as she calms down and looks at the situation she will realize that I was out of my mind with my MS flare up and couldn't think of a way to have her not share how bad off I was with the world on Facebook. I should have just called her and asked her nicely to take it down. I know she meant well, but I wasn't in a place to think that through. U just commented on her post that things weren't as bad as she made them out to be. Again I apologize and hope that she will understand I never meant to disrespect her or not appreciate everything she and my father do for me because I appreciate it all more than I can say.

Here are some pictures in no apparent order. I don't have a computer to put them in the right order and/or caption them so I apologize for that too.

They are of my baby vampire attack, my view and IV drip, my IV port which is now bandaged, and my son occupying his time with a rolling stool and a banana as only an ASD kid can! ;). Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment