Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day four down, one more to go

Today was interesting. Instead of going to the Scarborough IV I fusion therapy center, we were at the hospital for treatment. The setting was a little different, but Will did such a great job. I even got several compliments on how polite, quiet and well mannered he was. Does a moms heart good to hear such great compliments about her son.

We had some problems with the IV port, it took the nurse almost 20 minutes to get it working. In the mean time we were both covered in saline solution and other stuff that I won't go into here. (you're welcome)

When all was said and done, they had to remove the port anyway as it started giving us problems at the end too. So another war wound has been added with one more to go tomorrow. All is good. Thank goodness needles and blood don't bother me in the slightest.

I'm actually thankful the port came out as it makes my arm feel better, and more importantly Will isn't as concerned about how much it must be hurting me. I have to say he has really surprised me in how affected he has been by this and the concern he continues to show me. I must have done something right!

Picture 1. My botched attempt at wrapping my arm for a shower
I tried using Saran wrap and was just going to tape the ends but I couldn't rip the duck tape with my one hand so it all got wrapped. Hint: don't use duck tape for a mummy costume.
Picture 2. My IV once it got situated, I was told not to move my arm at all so it didn't go pear shaped again.
Picture 3. Will enjoying the I've in his cup after he drank all his ginger ale.
Picture 4. Making silly face and showing off his silly t-shirt to mommy smile.
Picture 5. A couple of the fish Will was fascinated with upon arrival and departure.

Have a wonderful day, that's my goal anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment