Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 3

Hi all. Just got home from day three of IV steroid fun. My son was with me again today. He did very well. Only started to fall apart once but held it together when I gave him my phone to play with.

He started out taking funny pictures of himself and me on his computer, made his own game out of the monopoly card game I brought, was super excited when he realized they had cartoon network on the tv there and that it was playing one of his new favorite cartoons.

They put the new IV port in my right elbow this time. They left it in so here's hoping I don't screw it up before my treatment tomorrow morning. Will was very upset to see the needle still in my arm. He started crying, I did my best to reassure him it didn't hurt. I hope he believes me. He WAS quickly diverted by talk of snacks (ah to be 10 again). He even jumped out of the car and helped me pump gas to help. He offered to go to his grandparents for a few hours to give me a rest. What a thoughtful boy I have! Oh wait, turns out he just misses them and is hoping for ice cream. Oh well, we'll pretend he is more concerned with my welfare.

So now we are home, he happily ate chocolate covered pretzels after having to eat an apple first and is on his computer playing God knows what so I ca relax for a few. Life is good

Again, pictures in random order.... Sigh, maybe I need to look into fixing the computer? Maybe?

Anyway pictures: 1. My new IV site, 2. Will's silly picture of me, 3. My arm wrapped up for the night, we'll see how well I sleep adding this into the mix ;), 4. A very bad picture of me showing how flushed the steroids are making me. (good thing it's only 5 days, so I'll be purple by Sunday but hopefully won't turn eggplant. lol) 5. The silly picture Will took of the lovely nurse who set me up.

Have a great day everyone. Btw: comments etc are always welcome in case anyone wants to know. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment