Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sometimes I feel like a fraud

Do you ever feel like a fraud? I must admit that I do sometimes. Why do I feel like this you ask?

Well I'll tell you, I feel this way when people tell me what an inspiration I am, or how great I am at staying positive. (now don't misunderstand, I'm not told this all the time) Lately its been my son Will's support staff. They come in and I have a smile on my face when I greet them. Because of this they have been telling me lately how wonderful my outlook is through this MS flare up. That I am an inspiration, and such a great mom.

I have to tell you, I don't feel like any of those things. I have felt more "down" lately then positive. Just because I'm trying (and I feel like lately not that successfully) to accept the things I cannot change about my circumstances and still smile at people and not want pity doesn't mean I'm an inspiration or anything else. I am a woman who's going through a crappy time right now and struggling. I have cried more in the last 3 weeks, felt hopeless, wanted to give up, and been too tired to care about certain details in my life. Does this sound like an inspiration to you?

That is why I feel like a fraud these days, I'm just a woman, I'm not that special.

2 comments:

  1. ((((HUG))))

    People are inspired by you because you haven't given up.

    Read this story -

    http://www.agiftofinspiration.com.au/stories/persistence/shake.shtml

    Just shake it off and step UP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that story before, loved it just as much this time. Such a good reminder to "shake it off and step up". Thank you as always my
    Wise friend

    ReplyDelete