Thursday, August 9, 2012

My MS is not being so quiet right now

For the last couple of weeks I've noticed that my feet (more specifically the inside ankle area) has been extremely sensitive and getting more so every day. I didn't think much of it other than it was strange but talking with 2 good friends from camp who both live with MS I brought it up only to find that they have both struggled with this too.

When anything, and I do mean anything touches my feet I want to scream. Like I said, it appears to be getting worse. My son wedged his foot under my thigh last night and then was moving it. Just feeling him move against me (anywhere on my legs) makes me want to scream as well makes me feel very nauseous. I'm not sure what all this is about, but it's very frustrating and I'm not sure how long I can handle feeling like this before I lose my mind.

It doesn't help that I just want to crawl out of my skin whenever I am still. I am now constantly moving my legs and/or rubbing them to deal with this restless/tingly/creepy/crawly feeling. I know I should probably go see my neurologist about this but it's $50 for my co-pay and I can't afford it. So, unless things get a lot worse I will be living with this until it resolves or till I go see my neurologist at the end of the month for my yearly appt.

Anyone else feel like this? Did anything help? And maybe most importantly: how long did this last for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment