Friday, August 17, 2012

Day two

So yesterday was day two of my IV steroid infusions. Will went to his grandparents house so I could have a break.

It was stressful interactions with my parents due to the argument (outburst) from the day before. Anyway, I dropped him off and drove to my appt. I got there and they flushed my IV port (left in from the day before) and hooked me up.

For anyone who has NOT had IV steroids- I highly recommend you never try it if you don't have too. Sleep is nonexistent, everything tastes like rusty metal (yuck!) and you feel a little jittery. Or maybe that's just me, who knows....

The weird bit was when it was all over. They tried to flush out the port but the IV port had failed. I got all the medicine before it failed. Hmmm, that just seems strange to me. Anyway, they removed the port and will put in a new one today somewhere else. I wonder where? The other bizarre part to this was that my hand didn't bruise. I'm very impressed with this as I bleed EVERY time I'm stuck with a needle. Ok, I guess I can't say every time anymore can I?

All in all, not a bad day. I got a little reading in, a little rest without my sweet son. Funny thing- because he didn't come with me (maybe) he was feeling fine and asked me several times how I was feeling. How sweet is that? I never thought he would be asking so often and genuinely seem concerned.

I have such a wonderful boy who is growing all the time in all areas of his life. I am so proud of my son. He amazes me every day. Let's see if he can keep it up today and tomorrow at my appointments or will he become sicker than I am? Got to love kids.

Again, pictures are random since I can't put them where I want or caption them. I apologize. Try are of my hand with NO bruise. Praise God! Hallelujah! The second is of the bruise that developed from me baby vampire bite, and the third is me getting my steroids. Seriously, I better be wonder woman by Monday! Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment