Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day five and we're done!

Just finished day five. Unfortunately I do not look like an eggplant as was my goal, but still look like a beet.

My veins are not what they once were, at least I have one good one, so after a couple failed attempts they opted to go back to my right elbow for round three.

Being there by myself today was almost harder than having Will with me. I didn't have anyone to focus on and therefore went into pity party mode. I hate feeling sorry for myself, but there are times when it just plain sucks being alone with no one to hold your hand and/or help with the little things in life we all take for granted. Like getting a drink, or getting a quick snack.

I find that I am quite dehydrated from lack of drinking (all tastes like dirty rusty water, yuck!) and of course I haven't been eating well, either too tired to get anything or doesn't appeal to me. Now that's not to say I haven't been eating because I have, just not enough, and most of it not good for me.

So, now I am looking forward to letting my arm heal, letting my body heal, and flushing these steroids out of my system. I am putting out good vibes that my MS will continue to quiet down, old and new symptoms will fade and I will not need steroids for a VERY long time.

Luckily, both my clients for today have plans with their families so I didn't have to rush right into work. I can take the next 3-4 hours to relax before having to gear up and take care of others. Sometimes things just work out. Have a blessed day!

Picture 1. My IV back in place after failing to find any good veins anywhere else.
Picture 2. Nemo and Marlin. Had to take the picture for Will so he could see the fish again as he is with his dad and didn't come with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment