Sunday, October 7, 2012

What a weekend

My weekend started with me packing the car so when Will got off the bus we were able to jump in the car and take off. We stopped at my parents house because Will wanted to visit with granny and papa. Then off we went to camp. As you may remember from previous posts: camp is my special place. It is my peace, my safe place where I can go to recoup, hide, refill my soul, find peace and joy.

I was home.

We unpacked and then headed out to dinner. I promised Will we would go to Dairy Queen for dinner. After we came back and settled for the night. We read A Giraffe And A Half by Shel Silverstein. Will always giggles throughout the story and keeps score over how many times I mess up while reading.

Saturday was spent at Pumpkinland. Here we wandered, petted/looked at the animals, went through all the free attractions, paid for a few extra - the bouncy pad, the mining experience, and the haunted day ride. We had food and drinks. When we were done, we went back to camp, walked the labyrinth which is supposed to be for meditation and inner reflection. However, it's hard to be in a contemplative mood when your son is urging you to race to the middle with him. We went around to different camps to talk to owners about their pets. He has decided he is running the PPVC (Pet Palace Veterinary Clinic) at camp. He feels its good practice for when he becomes a vet. That night we again read the same book and there were giggles, and quick to point out my mistakes.

We spent a little time this morning, playing, and walking around the circle. Then I drove him to a meeting place and handed my baby over to his father and girlfriend. They are taking Will to Storyland in NH. I'm not sure how I feel about Will staying in the same hotel room overnight with dad and girlfriend sharing a bed next to him, but I have no control over the situation so: so be it. Hope he has a great time.

I drove back to the camp, and I didn't know what to do with myself. I ended up taking a walk up to Sunset Hill. It's a beautiful little walk and we have a memorial garden at the top with two very beautiful souls who are buried there. (That's where I plan to end up myself.). Visited with some amazing friends, had a lot of great food at the turkey fry potluck. Then I helped with the clean up by washing all the dishes. I have to say: if I never see another piece of flatware it will be too soon..... I washed enough for 120 people at least.... (Not all was used) when I was done I said goodbye to everyone until next spring, closed up the camp and packed up my car for the drive home. Now, I could have stayed another night, and part of me wanted to, but I have to make some important calls in the morning then go and see a wonderful man who I like a lot.

I've had such a wonderful weekend, one that I desperately needed. I'm grateful I was able to enjoy it, and a little sad that camp is closed for the year. As I sit here on my couch and catch up on tv shows I have recorded I feel strangely melancholy. I don't know why....... I wish I was able to just bask in this time alone instead of stress about my financial "stuff", or feel so alone. I usually can enjoy being by myself. I certainly can entertain myself. So I don't fully understand why I feel like I do. I do know that I am grateful for this.....even this feeling of being unsettled.

No comments:

Post a Comment