Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sick

I woke this morning feeling sick. I went downstairs to find my son had thrown up already and is sick himself. I am letting him play on the wii for much longer than I normally would. I still have to change the sheets on the beds, wash dishes and do 2-3 loads of laundry. Ugh!

I'm particularly feeling grateful for my brain having short circuited and not feeling anything. I am worried about what will happen when the numbness wears off, but for now I am grateful for the numbness as things keep piling on. I definitely needed a break.

So today we will rest, I will try to summon the energy to do all the chores I need to do and make myself some tea. (I may lose my mind if Will keeps refusing to learn to blow his nose- all the snuffling is driving me crazy!)

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." -Leo F. Buscaglia

No comments:

Post a Comment