Friday, September 28, 2012

I hate bullying

My son came home from school yesterday and told me he had a good day. Then I got a call from the principal who told me that another child was bothering Will. When he asked the child to leave him alone (the child didn't stop) and then got up to leave himself, the other child kicked Will hard in the groin.

Now I'm so proud of Will for how he dealt with the situation. The principal was proud of his response and how he dealt with the pain as well. But my heart just breaks for my son who has to work so hard just to get through the day, and has to deal with mean children that not only verbally- but now physically attack him. The fact that he kept his cool yesterday shows how far he's come in the last year.

I'm really tired of Will being targeted at his school. It makes me so sad that there is so much bullying in schools. I was wondering last night about bullying. When I was a child I don't ever remember being talking to about bullying. Is that because it didn't happen back then, at least to the degree that it happens now? Or is it that people just assumed that it was just "kids being kids" back then?

No comments:

Post a Comment