Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Well enough about me...

What do you think about me? Just kidding, but seriously I want to talk about my amazing son.

Will has really been doing a fantastic job. He has his struggles, but overall he is doing great with all the extra demands being put on him. He spends most of his time at school up in his mainstream classroom. He is writing poetry, which his teachers like so much they have him get up in front of the classroom and read it to the class. (And he does! How freaking awesome is that!!!). He is still having a hard time with the other students. Sometimes he is bullied, other times they are just being impolite. The teachers are working with him to know the difference and how to deal with both instances.

At home he is becoming very independent. His staff is working with him on making his bed (including changing his sheets), folding and putting away clothes, cleaning bedroom, vacuuming etc. he's doing such a great job, but he struggles with the demands.

With all of this, he has added to his stressors. Although I hope it becomes a positive outlet for him: he has joined the drama club. I almost fainted when he told me he wanted to join. I got the permission slip and filled it out. He turned it in the next day. Today was his first day. Unfortunately I was not home to hear all about it and was unable to call him to hear all about it. I was told by his dad that he did well and enjoyed himself. I can't wait to hear all about it in the morning. I'm so proud of my son for taking the initiative and try new things. Who knows, he may follow in his mother and uncles footsteps and love the stage.

Let the journey begin.....

No comments:

Post a Comment