Thursday, October 25, 2012

God doesn't give more than we can handle

I've heard this for many years. It's not that I don't believe it....... I just need to stop testing the theory.

Last week my world changed when I was told my job was changing- different hours, different houses, different clients, staff and manager. This also means I have to work an extra night and have to stress about getting someone to watch my son that night every week. This also means any hope of a social life/and finding a love life is over. (At least that's how it feels right now). Then my son fell apart and attacked me and called me names. I felt like I was hanging on by a thread. Then a friend dropped a bombshell and I made snap decision, not even sure it was the right one.

Then more changes at work. An unsupportive ex. Feeling more alone than ever before.... every time something gets thrown at me I have made the mistake of thinking/saying: "I can't handle anymore" and "surely things can only get better".

When will I learn? I got calls from Wills teacher today as they were headed to my house. Will bolted again and refused to get in the car until they promised to bring him home. We then all had quite a confrontation in the driveway before I forced him to go back to finish out his day.

So, I will NOT say I can't handle anymore, or it can't get any worse. I will breathe...I will try to accept that there is a reason, and a lesson to be learned from everything that occurs in life. I may be slow, but I can learn.

Breathing...and will continue to do so through whatever I am meant to go through in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment