Thursday, October 25, 2012

Depression

I have found myself suffering from a severe depression during the last couple of weeks. I have been pulling away from all my friends, and activities I enjoy. I cannot focus on anything for any length of time. All I want is to sleep, but I cannot quiet my mind to get a restful sleep.

A wise, beautiful and insightful friend recently wrote a blog post about life changing and likened it to a sandcastle. (I apologize that i do not have the capabilities to link up to her blog but it is Paradise Found. it is an inspiration. I highly recommend everyone check it out and follow her!) A sandcastle that is washed away by the ocean, this is where I find myself- without my sandcastle. I find myself having to start over and terrified. I am trying not to jump into any decisions - already made a few that I regret but cannot change- I need to take some time and figure out what I want my new sandcastle to look like.

My problem? I'm at a loss as to what I want it to be, so how can I come up with the blueprints? Well, I guess I have the rest of my life to figure things out. In the mean time, I am trying to find things to be grateful for.

1. My breath
2. My son
3. My friends
4. My home
5. My job such as it is stress and all

That's all I got for now. I am doing the best I can........and that's good enough for now.

What are you grateful for during the hard times?

1 comment:

  1. Keep building Sandcastles Em... and remember, sometimes its more fun with a friend - xoxo

    ReplyDelete