Saturday, September 1, 2012

School starts soon

School starts for Will in three days. Today is my last day with him until I see him off to school Tuesday morning. Tomorrow I will drop him off at his dads. I hope they have some fun plans over the next 2 days.

Today I took Will to one of his new favorite places. Spring Point lighthouse. Not only was I happy because it made Will happy, but also because it is the first time I have felt well enough to be out and about, walking and enjoying the outdoors.

Today is also the first day we haven't had a meltdown since we went school shopping on wednesday morning. I'm hoping that the physical activity and being out doing something he enjoys helped with that.

One problem we've been having for a while is his sleeping cycle. He is a couple of weeks in to waking up between 1-3am for the day. He does sometimes fall back asleep after an hour or so, but either way he's not getting the sleep he needs and it's showing, from his mood swings to the dark circles under his eyes. I have to admit this is not a fun part of the sleep pattern.

Its been a wonderful day today. Tomorrow it's back to work a 12&1/2 hour day. At least I like my ladies. That makes it worth while.

On a side note: the update is the divorce is unfortunately not finalized. My hopefully-soon-to-be-ex finally agreed on the final 2 points we had to settle. Unfortunately it wasn't until 1&1/2 hours before we went before the judge. So the final settlement was NOT written up in time, and the judge wasn't happy that a few of the finer points of the house part of the settlement wasn't clearer. So, my lawyer will draft up the final settlement and my ex and I will review it and hopefully be able to agree with it. Then we will go back to court. They are scheduling the final court appearance for one month, but if we can agree and have it finalized before hand we can do a walk in and be done sooner. That way I can finally close this chapter on my life and start a new one.

Pictures are in the following order

1. Will walking to the lighthouse
2.school clothes. Note the jeans-can't tell you how excited I am about them.
3. Lighthouse
4. Will looking at the ocean
5. School supplies. The hippo is actually the pencil case he picked out.

I hope you had a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment