Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Back in the dating world. Yikes!

So here we are, I've been alone for over 2 years now, I did kind of, sort of date one guy a few months ago, but that was just.....I don't even know how to categorize it honestly. I have recently put myself out there by joining eharmony. This is something I have always said I would never do. It just seems unnatural in some way. However I've been pleasantly surprised. I've met a couple of nice guys.

After about a week I was starting to feel very uncomfortable, hadn't really gotten any responses. Then I realized that that was fine. Why is that fine you ask? Because I'm not looking to have a serious relationship with 20-30 guys. I'm ultimately looking for that one special guy to spend the rest of my life with and to be my best friend.

How strange to look forward to getting an email from a special guy as we get to know each other, but that's exactly what is happening. I find myself checking my phone several times a day just so I don't miss one and can respond quickly. Is it strange that I get that "tingly" feeling when I haven't even met someone yet?

Oh well, it is what it is. I'm just taking it one day at a time, one email, and maybe soon one phone call at a time.... I may be looking for my best friend, but I have no expectations as to when that will happen. Has it already? Will it soon? I don't know, but I'm enjoying this journey and where ever it takes me is where I'm meant to be.

I hope you find the pleasure in your journey. Have a wonderful day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment