Saturday, September 22, 2012

Dating is hard

Ok, so dating itself isn't hard, it's just finding the time that's hard. The reason it is so hard is because my ex and I have made an agreement that when we start seeing someone, we won't introduce our significant other to Will for 6 months. While I'm sure this is frustrating for my ex (not anymore because he has been with the same woman for 8+ months) it is much more so for me.

The reason I say this is because my ex had 4 days a week every week in which to be with someone, getting to know her and developing a relationship. This is not the case for me. I have 3 days (the days the ex watches Will) in which I work 12+ hour days and have no time or energy to date. The other 4 days I have Will. So my only real time to spend with a guy are Wednesday and Thursday 9a-3p. I also have at most 2 Fridays a month in which my parents can take Will for a sleep over.

Are you getting the picture? It's pretty tough..... This hadn't been an issue in the past, in fact I spent 2 years convinced I would never be with another guy ever. Partly because of my schedule, largely in part because of my marriage and the scars it left, but also because (if I'm being totally, brutally honest....) I didn't think anyone would want to date me. I'm not saying that for sympathy, it's just a statement of fact. It doesn't mean that I don't think I'm worth loving, I know I am. I know I'm a good person.

However, I have met someone. Who knows where it will go, it's still very new. I find myself thinking about him throughout the day, sending silly emails throughout the day and looking forward to talking to him at night. I do wish we could spend more time together, but if we can make it through this 6 month period......well, let's not get too ahead of ourselves. One day at a time......and I'm enjoying my days, and my nights.....

No comments:

Post a Comment