Saturday, September 15, 2012

New staff

I have staff that come in and work with my son Will. He have had other staff in the past, some who were great, and some....well...not so much. We have services through section 65, and specialized 28 (which finally started this week- supposed to be in place last March). 65 is the behavioral piece, they work with Will on his behavioral needs. They are a short term service, and as wonderful as they have been, their 6 months will be up at the end of this month.

Specialized 28 is more all encompassing. They work with Will on behavioral AND life skills. In fact, a wonderful lady is here right now working on learning to make his bed. When he first learned he would have to do this he got very upset and started saying he sucks at making the bed, and that he is stupid. It breaks my heart hearing him talk like this. But he IS up there doing it and it makes me so happy. (Not only that he is learning life skills- but that I don't have to make his bed anymore!). I want this staff to move in with us. I LOVE her, and this is only her 3rd day, 2nd with me. We have 16 hours a week with this service, and the great thing about them is that they are long term. So as long as Will has needs in behavior and/or life skills they will continue to work with him. Potentially till he turns 21.

Well, they seem to be finished with the bed, I even heard him giggling while doing it- so I guess he can't suck THAT bad! Now they are off to the library for a quick trip to earn even more tokens do he can have plenty of earned time a little later this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment