Monday, September 3, 2012

What a sweet boy. I think

So I came home from working 12 hours today to find a box on my back porch. Guess what was in it? A bird. Yes a real live bird. My son was outside, or looking out the window (I'm not really sure and does it really matter anyway?) and saw our neighbors cat Bandit attacking an injured bird. So my son ran out and scooped up this wild bird. Where was his dad when this was happening? I mean really!

So now I have to call Sparks Ark (a rehabilitation center) in the morning and hope they will take the bird. Unfortunately the bird cannot fly. I hope it lives through the night, partly because I would Make me sad, but also because it would break Wills heart to have saved the bird only for it to die. He was so proud of himself for being brave and fighting off the cat. He even proudly showed off a bruise he says the cat gave him. He was also proud of the way he handled being pecked by the scared bird.

Will really is so very sweet and caring. I am so proud of him and how far he's come in the last 6 months. I guess his dad had a heck of a time convincing him that the WILD bird could not stay in his bedroom and CANNOT be kept as a pet. Yikes!

Sparks Ark...... I hope you can help!

No comments:

Post a Comment