Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Help!

So today I went to my bi-monthly meeting with Will's teacher, social worker and our case manager Jen.  There at the meeting it was brought up again about putting my lovely little boy in Spring Harbor for about 2 months.  My body went numb listening to them all agree that something that drastic was most likely needed.  I know they want the best for my son, I know that every time he has a breakdown there is more internal damage to his psyche, I know that he is getting bigger and stronger and therefore becoming that much harder to manage when out of control.  However, the idea of being away from my son for that long, I know I can visit etc... kills me.  No one can or will love him like I do.  No one can or will lay with him until he falls asleep, do all the idiosyncrasies that I do to help calm him down.  Is this the best choice for him?  Have we gotten to that point?  I have asked Jen to set up a time for her and I to talk more in depth about this idea- pros and cons - and to see if we can set up a tour of the facility and have my questions answered and hopefully my concerns calmed.  I don't know if it is best for him.  I know it isn't best for me.  I have to do what's best for him.  God give me the strength to see what's best for him and to follow through so that my son can have a childhood and be happy.  He deserves that and so much more...............I love him with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment