Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Still numb

So back to the meeting this morning:  When our case manager and the school social worker were talking about my son going to Spring Harbor for at least 50 days my whole body went numb and tingly.   I know they only have his best interests at heart and are concerned about him.  I really get that.  I do.
I am stuck, I don't know which way to go, and if I were to decide not to put him there for evaluation and to figure out what's going on- would I be doing that for selfish reasons?  I mean I really don't know how I'd be able to handle him not with me for so long.  I recently went to my brothers wedding, it was the longest I've ever been away from him.  I saw him Friday morning, and then again Sunday about noon.  Seriously that's the longest I've gone without seeing, kissing and/or hugging my son.  Will gives the best hugs.  And has the most beautiful personality and smile.  How can I go with not seeing that?  And how selfish am I for thinking that?
I don't trust others to watch my son, not even family completely.  IS this what it means to be a mother?  Or am I just that controlling? I still feel numb and tingly and it's over 13 hours after our appointment.  Part of it is that panicky fight or flight feeling too. Today I've come as close as I ever have to having a full blown panic attack.  It hits me when I least expect it, and all of a sudden I can't breathe or I am hyperventilating and cease to be able to function.  I need to sit down and talk with our case manager and go to Spring Harbor to meet some of the staff and have my questions answered.  Maybe then I will be able to figure out what's best for Will, without putting "my stuff" in the mix.  Dear God, please help me make the right decision for him, and please make it clearer for me.  Cause right now, I don't trust "them" to do right by my son.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment