Friday, November 4, 2011

Couch

My couch is my new best friend.  We have spent the last 2 days together.  I have slept, cried, zoned out watching tv, and eaten (things I shouldn't have) on my couch.  I don't want to move, I want to quit work and hide on my couch forever.  However, I realize that this is not an option for me.  I am off the couch at the moment (the only way I could blog about my beloved couch) getting ready to pick up my beautiful child from school in just under an hour.  Then we will have the rest of the day and all day tomorrow together.  I know he will want to do many things during this time, play games, we've already discussed going to the library and children's museum tomorrow, and maybe seeing Granny and Papa today.  We also have to go grocery shopping today too, as I was too busy being one with my couch all morning.  But all I really want to do is lay on the couch and snuggle/hug/kiss/ and be with my son.  I want to just be with him, but I know that, not only will he not want to do that because it's boring, but we  would both be missing out on all the great things we can be doing together.  He hasn't gone to SH yet, it hopefully won't be until the first of the year (if at all, a girl can hope can't she?) So why do I feel as if I'm losing him already?
Snap out of it already!  He's here, let's build memories that will hopefully get us both through the tough times ahead.  These are the words I'm trying to live by now, in this moment......

I also need to try to stop shutting my friends out.  I find that when in this depressive state I shut down, as I'm sure a lot pf people do when feeling this way.  I don't want to always complain when talking to friends, so I stop talking, I get very quiet when on the phone.  I need to find a way to be able to open my life up to people again without making it all about me and my problems.  I'm trying.....I'm a work in progress.......

No comments:

Post a Comment