Saturday, November 12, 2011

A wonderful day

I have had 2 1/2 uninterrupted days with my wonderful son.  Yesterday we had a few bumps in the road, but that's not surprising when you consider, there was no school, went out to lunch with my wonderfully generous aunt, spent a lovely hour with my bestest friend and her one year old son, Will was amazing with him, sharing toys and helping Maggie and I with him.  Then went to my parents home for dinner.  So after such a long day of unusual activities I wasn't surprised to have a rough end of the day.  However he made up for it by calling me upstairs asking me to lay with him after he had calmed down.  I went upstairs and as soon as I climbed into bed he said  "I love you so much."  Well, I can tell you my heart just melted.  So glad we ended on such a sweet note.
Today was even better.  We went to the library, he's getting better at picking out books and trying them.  We've already taken a couple of books out last week.  He let me read a couple of chapters before he decided he didn't like them.  So proud!!  Well, we returned the books today and he picked out 2 more and some cd's all about soccer and the world cups.  Then we went to A.C. Moore where we picked out a couple of inexpensive crafts to do together. (Mario inspired)
Then we spent a quiet day at home putting his Mario stuff together and playing.  His grampy came over to play for an hour or so.  We had dinner, played some more, had a bath- didn't even fight me about washing his hair!!!!- then brushed teeth and went to bed. 
I have to say, as much as I love spending time with Will playing and listening to him, my favorite time of the day is bedtime.  We read some and then we snuggle until he's almost asleep.  I'd stay there forever if I could, listening to him breathe and watching his face relax while he fights sleep.  He often tells me he's too tired to sleep. Isn't it funny that those are the nights he's asleep almost before the lights go out?  I love him with all my heart.  I will do anything for this sweet child who struggles so much with things that most take for granted as easy.
I love my son, difficulties and all...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment