Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Promise

I've talked about Oprah and watching her life classes right?  Well I was catching up on my episodes and was watching the one about finding your calling in life.  I had an "ah-ha" moment.  I enjoy making people laugh, I enjoy writing in all my blogs.  I want to be like David Sedaris.  He writes about the humorous events in his life, or just finds the humor in them like I try to do in my other blog- emilysperspective.blogspot.com I would like to take some writing classes, my writing is horrendous, and write a book of all the humorous stories of my life.  While sharing this idea with a friend of mine (who happens to be a life coach) she told me she thinks I should try open mike night and do some stand up comedy.  I have thought about this in the past but always shy away from anything like this.  The only time I feel anyway near comfortable on a stage with the attention on me is when singing or acting.  This would be neither.  But how do I know if my stories are really funny or my friends are just being kind?  So I told my friend that if I can qualify for respite care for my son I will go with her and try my hand, voice and stories on the stage.  Nothing ventured nothing gained.  Isn't that the saying?  I'm already nervous thinking about it, but I'll never know if I can do it and succeed without trying and if I don't try I'll never know.  It may feel like I'm going to die from terror, humiliation, failure but I know that really won't happen and at least I will be able to be proud of myself that I put myself out there.  So while I agreed to do it with my friend I have PROMISED myself that I will try.  For this is my journey, and if I don't move forward I'll fall behind and never know what I could have been.  My friend said in an off-hand way that in 10 years we will both be published authors of best selling books.  I am starting right now to manifest this into my reality.  I better start getting into trouble/reminiscing/writing.........These things don't just manifest themselves................

No comments:

Post a Comment