Thursday, October 20, 2011

Autobiography in Five Short Chapters

A friend shared this with me today and I found it very apropos to my situation in life. 

Autobiography in Five Short Chapters

1.) I walk, down the street.
          There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
          I fall in
     I am lost.... I am hopeless.
         It isn't my fault.
     It takes forever to find a way out.

2.) I walk down the same street.
         There is a deep hole in the sidewalk
         I pretend I don't see it.
         I fall in again.
     I can't believe I am in the same place.
         But, it isn't my fault.
     It still takes a long time to get out.

3.) I walk down the same street.
        There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
        I see it is there.
     I still fall in...... it's a habit.
             My eyes are open.
             I know where I am.
        It is my fault.
        I get out immediately.

4.) I walk down the same street.
        There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
        I walk around it.

5.) I walk down another street.

What a powerful autobiography.  I am living in this same story, somewhere around chapter 2-3.  I really need to get to chapter 4 at least.  I know I'll get there, I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment