Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sickness has found my home

My son seems to have a cold today. It's been coming on for a few days now, I've listened to the increased congestion and the clearing of his throat more often. But it finally hit him today.

His voice is raspy today (is it wrong of me to love the way his voice sounds?). He is definitely off. He did a great job when staff were here. As the day went on he started fading and became less able to deal with life. He didn't take his shower tonight claiming that he didn't have the strength. So we went to bed early.

He sounded so congested I made him use a Vicks Stick (a menthol vapor stick). If you look at the first couple of pictures you can see how well this did NOT go over with him. I wrapped Will up in his quilt and put him to bed. He told me after reading and happy thoughts that his whole body hurts. He has dark circles under his eyes. I hope he sleeps well tonight, and that it helps.









No comments:

Post a Comment