Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My son is simply amazing

Seriously, my son is amazing, they don't come any better. ( I won't offend anyone by saying he's better than any other child because we all feel like ours is the bet. But he certainly is the best for me.). While there are always challenges, and I don't always appreciate my blessings as much as I should - I am getting better though - moments come along when Will blows me away.....

My 10 year old boy with ASD called up to me yesterday morning asking if I had seen his FB post. I asked when he posted it and he said "just now". Well, no, I haven't seen it. I turned on my phone and checked it out, I was blown away with the insight and maturity he showed in what he wrote. He had seen I liked a page "Autism Angels" so he liked it too and shared one of their pictures and wrote the caption I shared further down in the first picture.

Then I came home tonight to have him hand me this letter he wrote for me at school... And then his staff Carrie shared the letter he wrote for her. My son has a way of articulating himself in a wonderful way sometimes he leaves me speechless.

(He is back to completely identifying as a girl now which is why the envelope says Willow and not Will. Just in case you were confused)







No comments:

Post a Comment