Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Haircut

Wills hair was getting quite long, to the point where it was in his eyes and his "eye tic" was back. (He does this weird thing with his eyes where he opens them REALLY wide and he looks a little creepy)

His dad has taken him for his last several haircuts- I just don't have the money unfortunately - and it usually doesn't go well, when it does- he usually has to bribe him with something. So, I asked Will, he said yes. We then looked into what Snip-It's has to offer. Will made the decision that he wanted short spikes and some color streaks. He was so excited when I said yes to everything he wanted. (No bribes needed!)

I talked him into getting his hair washed while there. As he climbed up in the chair and leaned back he looked terrified and even was able to tell me he was scared. I told him that getting my hair washed was my favorite part, he decided to trust me and I watched his face go from scared to pure enjoyment. An "oh yeah" even escaped his lips.

He was very clear telling the hair stylist what he wanted, and was happy with the outcome. I was very happy as well, but a little sad.....my little boy disappeared before my eyes and a young man emerged.











No comments:

Post a Comment