Saturday, June 16, 2012

Very rough week

This last week has certainly been rough. It felt like I was being kicked in the teeth at every turn. My ex continues to anger and frustrate me due to his taking advantage of me and my home as often as possible. Work has been more stressful than usual with a lot of call outs, people threatening to quit, lack of support from my superiors, and filling in on multiple shifts beyond my regular shift. Then there is my son who is now lying and stealing from me. On top of all this, I've had 2 tire blow outs in 3 days, replaced them and then went for an alignment only to be told that I needed 2 ball joints as well. Can we say expenses I can't afford?

So yes, there has been a lot more stress than usual. I haven't been as positive as I could and should be this week. But you know what? That's ok, I think I'm allowed a little melt down or 2 (or 4-10) whatever.

But you know what? Through all this my ex was supportive in some ways, my boss gave me a break at the end of the week and even ran the errands I was supposed to. My son gave me hugs, giggles and a wonderful weekend devoid of a lot of stress.

While picking up my car ---cost way more than I originally thought---I got to see an old friend, and now my car is safe (well, at least safer), my mechanic is letting me make payments, my parents have the cutest little puppy (which I want to steal!) and I've been able to sit outside and read while listening to my son play with the neighbor kids and laugh.

So did I have a bad week? Yes, I absolutely did. Did I have some amazing moments this week? Yes, I absolutely did. Did my week end on a good note? Yes, yes it did.

Life isn't always perfect, in fact there are times we want to run away and quit our lives (or at least take a month long vacation from it) but if you hang in there, it is all good in the end and worth all the stress and heartache.

My life is good. Now for that vacation......

No comments:

Post a Comment