Sunday, April 22, 2012

A wonderful weekend

Will and I took the train down to Boston for the weekend. We left early Friday morning and arrived at 10:30 am. Will was so excited for everything.

Because Will is who he is, it was important to head down to bean town with a plan. We decided on the aquarium for Friday, the Quincy Market. The aquarium was great, they have a touch tank of rays and sharks. How cool is that! I couldn't believe how soft and velvety the rays were. However, Will was done pretty quickly. We never got to walk around the giant tank or see the other floors. What a bummer, especially after I spent all that money. (I like to get my monies worth). But, when you have a child with AD you have to be flexible and listen to your child. The verbal and non-verbal cues. All Wills cues were saying: "I'm done!". So, with that we left.

We then made our way to Quincy Market where we got lunch, and looked at a few stores. Build-A-Bear was the hit of the market. Will even got independent and wanted to go in by himself. So the nervous mommy sat outside with eyes glued on the door

We watched some of the performers in the market as well, what fun! We especially liked the balloon hat man. He was very entertaining, and Will got a great hat. (we "accidentally" left it at uncle Lazers house)

Thankfully uncle Lazer left work early and met up with us there. We had ice cream and did a little more walking before going to get the car and see aunt Meg. Uncle Lazer gave us the tour of their home, and we relaxed there, got some pizza for supper. When aunt Meg came home and we ordered a movie in pay-per-view. I LOVE the Muppets! Good times-good times.

Will went to bed very easily for being in a new place. We had a bedroom to share. My brother made a trundle bed so we would both have a place to stay. I made Will sleep on it, as I am old and sleeping so low to the ground makes a struggle to get up in the morning. ;~}. When I came back up a couple hours later Will had moved to the regular bed. I struggled in the morning. (not really that much- and VERY comfy bed!! Way to go Lazer!)

My brother made pancakes for breakfast. Will decided they were terrible (they weren't. Lazer is a great cook) after a little time we all left for the zoo. OMGoodness! So much fun. We had a few moments from Will but he really enjoyed seeing all the animals. I think the gorillas were our favorites.

We went out to lunch then back to Lazer and Meg's home. We watched another movie instead of going anywhere else.

Lazer and Meg were so awesome! They were great hosts, they were racking their brains to figure out what else we could do. They don't have kids, and they certainly don't have a child with special needs.

Will had a few rough moments throughout our stay but I was so proud of him. I hope Lazer and Meg realize they were great hosts, and that a child like Will cant have too many "big" plans. It's just too overwhelming, having a lot of down time in between is just as important, if not more important. All in all, it was perfect.

Then it was time to leave, and Will was just as excited to come home. We both slept very well last night. It's wonderful to go away sometimes, but it's just as wonderful to come home.

Quiet day today, can't handle a lot today, Will, because he's still overwhelmed from the last 2 days, me because I'm having an MS day from all the walking we did. Laying on the couch dozing is the order of the day.

Here are a few pictures from our adventures.

1 comment:

  1. THis post makes me smile!!!! Sounds like a great time. You will have to tell me how "Uncle Lazer" got his name =)

    ReplyDelete