Saturday, April 28, 2012

Forgiveness for myself

Monday was another rough day. I, yet again, did not handle myself or Wills outbursts well. I can blame my chest cold that lingered to the 3 week mark, my sudden flair up of MS symptoms- new and some of the oldies but goodies- being tired from our trip. Yes all this has caused me to be run down and therefore having a lot less frustration and patience tolerance. However, I feel like I can only use that as an excuse and as his mom, I need to do better. Whatever is going on in my life for me CANNOT interfere with my relationship with Will. It CANNOT come into play!

At the same time, I am aware that I am only human, NOT a superhero. I am NOT perfect, I am flawed as is everyone. Therefore I need to forgive myself for not living up to my idea of the perfect parent, daughter, sister, friend. I give myself permission to be imperfect. It really is ok.

I mean, it might be different if being a parent came with an instruction manual. I sometimes (all the time) wish we did. Especially for children with special needs.

Wouldn't that be nice? Oh... Just to let you know..... Will did turn it around after Monday. We've had a great week since, although I'm not sure we will do a big overwhelming trip again any time soon. Start and remain small (for a long time) that's my motto. :~}

No comments:

Post a Comment