Thursday, March 15, 2012

Finally home

So, as you can guess, Will came home today. The smile on his face when we left SH was so wonderful to see. We went to lunch at Friendly's where he made great choices on food.

We then picked up his meds and went to school. His friends came right over and gave him hugs when they saw him. I picked him up 2 hours later to hear how awesome his time there had been.

He was doing great. He made a great choice to play with Legos so he could use earned time later playing webkinz with his granny on the computer. His dad came over to take him out for a while and stated they were going back to SH because dad wanted to get his iPod which was left there. Will really didn't want to go, he became upset but was able to stay safe. I jumped in and helped Will use his helping board and make safe choices. He left with dad (not happy in the least) but he went calmly and hopefully was able to turn it around quickly. I am so proud of him. I love the plan that SH has set up for him. I think we will have a lot of success if the school and dad can follow through and implement the plan throughout the day, EVERY day. I hope they can, but if I'm really honest, I'm really afraid that dad can't/won't do it. He only implemented a few elements of it in front of me, and not even the most important parts.

Well, it's out of my hands. I can't control others, only myself. I will pray and do everything I need to do to make Wills transition home a great one, where he feels safe and happy. Please God, hold him in your handstand take care of him.

These pictures show how one bag of clothes/items goes into the hospital and comes out with 4 more bags. Then a picture of Will showing me how Ted he was to leave SH. Then a picture of him tying his shoe in front of Friendly's. Then drawing on his placemat inside Friendly's. What an amazing little (or not so little) child of mine. I love him so.

No comments:

Post a Comment