Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tomorrow is the day!

I'm so excited and a little nervous. Tomorrow Will comes home. I can't wait. We are going out to lunch when we leave and then he is going to school.

Speaking of school. I called the special education director for South Portland schools and felt completely blown off by her. I was promised by the school that they would do everything in their power to support us and Will. They were told they needed to shadow at Spring Harbor for the last 2 weeks before discharge. Did they do this? No. His teacher came in today for 2 hours today!! The LAST day he will be there for school. I feel like they completely dropped the ball. So, today I wrote an e-mail to the superintendent of South Portland schools. I have not heard back yet. I'm a little disappointed to have heard nothing, but I guess I have to learn to be patient.

I think part of my problem is that I'm getting antsy about tomorrow. I WANT his home NOW!!! Like right now! As in this very minute. Get the picture? How am I going to sleep tonight? Which also means that tomorrow night I'll be back in my own bed! Yeah!

What do I mean you ask? Well, the first 2 nights Will was in SH I tried to sleep in my own bed. It wasn't working for me. I couldn't stop listening for Will, and missing him THAT much more. (if that's even possible) So, I have been sleeping on an inflatable mattress in my massage room for 6 weeks. Don't feel bad for me, it's actually quite comfortable. When I do sleep, I've gotten pretty good sleep down stairs. I have to admit though, I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed, AND knowing that Will is in the next room.

Tomorrow my life will change forever, but I'm excited for it. This will mean my child is home with me and I'm working hard to ensure he has a better/easier life. (well, as much as I can control, which lets face it, isn't much. ;))

I also have learned in the last week or so that I NEED to make time for myself so I can be a better parent. (thanks PH) what can I say. I had 6 weeks and it wasn't until week 5 I did anything for myself? Guess I'm a really slow learner. At least I can learn. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment