Thursday, March 29, 2012

Strip search

I know I've already talked about not breaking the law and why (strip search).

I am in the middle of an investigation at work. Someone stole some money for one of my clients. (Pisses me off that someone would do this to a person with DD, let alone any one). I was the last person on record to see the money so I am under investigation as is at least one other staff. I have worked for this company for almost 13 years so it pisses me off to think they might really suspect me. However I do understand the need for the investigation.

I went in and spent almost 2 hours being interviewed and writing my statement. Then I get a call asking me to come in for another interview. When I said yes, I was told it was at the OOB police station----WHAT? Ok, kind of freaked out, went in on Monday, wrote out a statement at the police station, was asked what should happen to the person who stole (if caught). I responded they should be fired and have to make restitution. I was then asked "Is that ALL that should happen in your opinion?". I got a little confused and said I didn't know what else would be appropriate.

During the course of the interview I was told that my car was seen at the house at noon on the day in question. I almost crapped my pants right there! Even while telling the police and my manager where I was at noon-- at SH visiting my son (had to sign in so they have a record of me being there whew!) all I could think about was getting strip searched. The interview was concluded and I left. I freaked out all the way home. I know I didn't take the money. (I don't steal, especially from people who have so little and who can't protect themselves from things like this.) this did not stop my mind from spinning out of control for about an hour. I watch too many court, lawyer, cop shows. All I could imagine was how on most of my favorite shows they always start by arresting a couple innocent people. OMGoodness!!!! That's me! They are going to arrest me! I'm going to go to jail until they catch the right person! (like stealing less than $100 will land me in jail as if it was murder). It isn't the thought of sitting in a jail cell for a few hours or days that upsets me so much, might be a nice break from my crazy life. Again, it all comes down to the strip search. I can't handle the thought of a strip search.

Can you tell I'm scared of having to go through one? I still don't think they'd be happy to perform one on me. They might ask for a raise after. However, once I reeled my imagination in I realized that I AM innocent, so I really don't have to worry about the search, or jail, or being fired. Again, whew!

I REALLY REALLY would NEVER do anything that would result in a strip search. The police cant handle this much woman!

1 comment:

  1. Good lord woman... where do you think thieves PUT stolen money anyway? Geesh! In all seriousness, I hope the person who did it gets caught, and your client gets their money back.

    ReplyDelete