Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spring Harbor

Well, as hard as it is not having Will with me, I have to admit that he has been transformed while at SH. He now tells me he likes himself, he thinks he's smart, funny, and creative. Wow!

Now, this doesn't mean that things are magically fixed and we will have a "typical child" when he comes home next week. Because the hard work is still ahead, it's just wonderful to start from such a positive place and know he can feel so good about himself.

He has become such a happy, smiling , confident child in the last couple of weeks it is truly astounding. There is also a quiet confidence in him about his gender identity. He was asked what his life would look like in 20 years and he said that he will have had a sex change operation and will be a good parent. Willow it is.......

I guess this means I get the boy and girl that I always wanted in one amazing child. Will is definitely one of a kind, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I am truly blessed. Thank you God.

No comments:

Post a Comment